Saturday, March 8, 2014

10 Days!


Yesterday was by far the best afternoon I have had in months.  I had a productive day at work...that is always a positive.  But the best part of Friday afternoon was that my "Christian" completed 10 days of school in a row!  10 Days!!  The most he had gone in a row before a bleed took over had been 6.  I don't think he has completed 10 days in a row this entire school year.

But it gets better.

Christian held still while my husband accessed his port.  That is HUGE!

My sweet boy suffers from PTSD and accessing his port has been a nightmare for a couple of years.  Now that he is going to pool therapy for his knee we are having to de access more frequently and yesterday was a great day.

I would say that I shouldn't write about our good fortune because I am going to "jinx" our luck.

But I am a woman of faith and I don't believe in luck.
 
No, Christian is not walking yet and his knee is a mess.  He is allergic to Factor VIII and we cannot get the Xolair approved (yet).  There are stumbling blocks and who knows what else in the way as we deal with his inhibitor but what I do know is that I have to hold on to hope.
 
If you are out there struggling with a bleeding disorder or chronic condition, I know that there are times when you absolutely cannot breathe, but hang on tight and hold on to hope, because there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

post signature

0 comments: