Sunday, March 16, 2014

And Another Week Passed.....




Fifteen days of school in a row!  Well, of course that was almost too much to believe.  Friday night, as we entered the auditorium to watch my oldest son perform the lead role in "Shrek", my "Christian's" knee started up.  I immediately took him home (with my husband recording the show....at least I did see him perform Thursday night and Saturday night) and started aggressively treating. 

Q3 is not for sissies.  It's rough even when you have a spouse/partner able to help.  We were pretty wiped out this weekend but it looks like we managed to get everything under control without having to go to the hospital!  Whoo Hoo!  That's even better than 15 days of school in a row :)

This is definitely a big one for us.  It seems as if over the past year whenever a bleed starts in Christian's knee we end up in the hospital for pain management.  And when infusing less than Q4 is needed we normally go in for help.  We know when to raise the white flag and the doctor's are great about encouraging us to do what is best.

As of now we will be getting him off to school tomorrow and hopefully complete day 16.

I'll take the little things as they come. 

1 comments:

Allison Pohl said...

I remember doing Jack's Novo Seven infusions Q2 hours. Boy that just absolutely wiped us out. In the beginning Pat and I would get up and do them together, but after awhile that became impossible. You can't function like that.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for continued school attendance and responsive treatment for your little guy!