Thursday, May 26, 2011

To Play Ball or Not to Play Ball?

My "Christian" is the kind of boy who is going to love being on a team. He is "made" for sports. I am afraid the day will come when I am having to direct him to another sport other than football. He's just that way.

I've not had experience with the "sports" thing because my oldest is a creative type. He did play some soccer, but it was not his thing. We sure did have fun while it lasted. I really enjoyed going and sitting under the trees with the mountains in the background watching the kids play.

Christian recently went to a short soccer workshop. He absolutely loved it! He didn't really know what he was doing, but he had a great time. We signed him up for a week long soccer camp in July.

Tomorrow is tee ball sign up. My husband is nervous about it.

How dangerous can five year old tee ball be? Do we take the chance and let him run his little heart out and build his social skills, or do we hold him back? Do we let the fear of his target joint keep him from participating, or do we infuse before he plays and watch over him?

I just can't see holding him back.

Yes, we are going to have to "steer" him to certain activities to make sure he is safe.

Boys will be boys, despite hemophilia. My job is to encourage my children and let them experience life fully.

post signature

0 comments: