Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ankles

I just did a four day stint in the hospital with my "Christian." He had an extremely bad ankle bleed. It's his target joint. He stopped walking on Monday, May 9th and finally walked on his own on Sunday, May 15th. It was very painful. When you watch your child screaming in pain, despite pain medication, it just breaks your heart.

Something happened over the past few days.

My eyes opened.

Yes, I have accepted that my boys have hemophilia but when you have great treatment you just kind of go with the flow and become complacent. Over the past couple of days I have watched my Christian struggle to walk and it hit me like a ton of bricks.

I have a five year old with a bad ankle.

It kind of puts things into perspective.

It makes bickering with family, wanting to "fix" other people and feeling sorry for yourself kind of pale in comparison.

0 comments: