Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day and Night



My boys are like day and night.

"Lance" is 14, creative, artistic, musical and cares nothing about sports (unless it's on the Wii).


"Christian" is 5, loves Thomas the Train, anything with wheels, being in the dirt and it looks like he will have a passion for sports.

Despite their differences and the many years between them, they do have one thing they share that will never go away...they both have Severe Hemophilia A.

On June 23, 1996 my life changed when I gave birth to Lance. Little did I know that on June 26, 1996 I would be devastated. Absolutely heartbroken. After his circumcision I held him and his little diaper became soaked in bright, red blood.

He was diagnosed with Severe Hemophilia A and I did not know if he would live or die.

After lots of education and getting hooked up with the Lone Star Chapter, my husband and I realized that Lance could have a normal, full life.

0 comments: