Saturday, May 28, 2011

How Many Medic Alert's Have You Purchased?

When you have a medical condition, it is imperative that you wear a Medical Alert type of emblem. You can find them at the drugstore or by visiting www.medicalert.org.

When my oldest was little, I would put his medical bracelet on his backpack, then his shoelaces. Now you can even get medic alerts made to go on the shoelaces. He has tried the sportsbands and the necklaces, but the best bet, for him, has been the dog tag style.

Have I purchased more than one...let's just say that I have lost count.

I just left the Medic Alert website and ordered yet, another dog tag. My son is going on tour with the Albuquerque Boy Choir in a couple of weeks and he must wear his identification. He is going to be away from home for a week and I want to make sure he is doing everything possible to keep himself safe.

The crazy thing is that we think horrible things like a car accident might happen when our children may be away from us, but I have heard more than once that some of the most devastating accidents happen within a few miles from home.

You never know when something might happen. Maybe not to your child, but to you, and you will not be able to be your child's voice. Do everything you can to protect your children. Insist that they wear their medical alert identification.

You just never know.

post signature

0 comments: