Saturday, June 11, 2011

Trusting through Transition

My "Lance" is fourteen. He will be fifteen on the 23rd! I don't know where the time has gone, but before I know it, he will be on his way to college.

Over the past few years my husband and I have been working on him taking responsibility for his bleeding disorder. He keeps track of his supplies and orders his factor every month. Here lately he's been slipping on infusing regularly. It often takes more than a "gentle" reminder.

Lance is part of a group of boys that have not experienced joint bleeds. I am so incredibly grateful for that, but it also leads to complacency on his part. You would think that since he has seen the extremely painful bleeds his little brother has gone through that it would encourage him to keep to his infusion schedule….well, it's a nice thought.

He has been in California this week on choir tour and I have to trust that he infused according to schedule.

Letting go is not easy. We just have to make sure we give our children the tools they need when they leave us.

post signature

0 comments: