Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Full Circle


I love seeing things come "full circle." You know, when something generous or kind comes back to you.

I have a sweet friend in Texas, "M". When her son was diagnosed with hemophilia, she reached out to me and my husband and we became regulars in their home. Those bleeds early on for her son would bring us to her home for support. I did the best I could to reassure her that hemophilia could be dealt with and that her son could live a very full life. He is now a very active baseball player with no joint bleeds to date! M and her husband are avid workers in the local hemophilia community and have helped numerous people in their same circumstances.

Knowing they are big baseball folks, I called her and asked her advice on tee-ball. I am clueless when it comes to sports and my "Christian" is going to be a big sports kid. She talked me through the basics and I feel much better.

She came back and shared her experience with me, reassured me, and left me feeling as if I was not alone.

I think that is what it is all about in this community. Not feeling alone.

We must reach out to others. We need to stay "in the loop" with our local chapters and meet others who may need our help, but also meet those who may help us when we least expect it.

post signature

0 comments: