Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Another good month


To battle my "Christian's" allergy to factor VIII, we are slowly increasing his dosage each month (in addition to 300 mgs. of Xolair every other week).

Yesterday was another big day….he tolerated 750 units of factor VIII!  It sure is a slow process, but things are going great:)

He looks great, is having a fantastic start to the school year and is just as happy as any little boy could be.  When I ask him what he like the most about 3rd grade he simply says, "Everything."  That does a mama's heart good.

I am so grateful that things are going well.  The truth is, things can always be worse.  That goes for all of us….bleeding disorder or not!

Here's what I know for sure today:

  • I am not going to live in fear of the next bleed. 
  • I am not going to "What If?" myself into being sick.
  • I am choosing to take the good times and enjoy them and be right alongside my family (and not feel guilty about it).

I hope that you are experiencing a good season right now.  And if you aren't….it will get better. 
 
Hang in there.

 


post signature

1 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Cazandra! My name is Heather and I was wondering if you would be willing to answer my question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1 AT gmail DOT com :-) I greatly appreciate it!