Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Best Thing We Ever Did


I took "Lance" and "Christian" to the HTC in Denver this past week.

It was the best use of time and money I have ever put out.  My husband and I decided that the boys, especially Christian, needed another consult/opinion since our HTC in Albuquerque in undergoing many transitions right now.  With this inhibitor, Christian needs to be followed closely, so we finally were able to get up to Denver.

I have been involved with three previous HTC's since Lance was diagnosed and this I can't begin to tell you how amazing this visit was.  Complete, thorough, not rushed for time, beyond professional...and warm and welcoming.

Christian was fitted for a new brace for his ankle, and the Physical Therapist, Sharon Funk, was incredible!  I learned so much during the PT portion that it was almost overwhelming.

The amazing part of this trip is that Christian's inhibitor was tested.  The last time it was in the mid 40's...now it is…13!  I could hardly believe it!  Lucky 13!

I know that the "number" is not the most important part of dealing with an inhibitor, because it can consume you when the level goes up.  But you know what, we are celebrating!

This inhibitor battle began in 2006.  It's been a long haul, and it may continue to be quite some time before we get to "0", but it's the little successes that keep you going.


post signature

0 comments: