Monday, January 12, 2015

Not Yet!

Last week I received an email from the physician who is "corralling" all of the doctors involved in my "Christian's" care.  He wanted to know how my husband and I felt about discussing adjusting Christian's treatment and lowering his frequency of Xolair.

Yikes! No!  We have been in such a great season with hemophilia, even registering a zero titer, that we do not want to change a thing just yet.

When I reached out to him and told him how we felt he completely understood.  He just has the big picture in mind.

All I know is that my son is walking.  He's not using the wheelchair, and I don't miss loading and unloading that chair every day.  He even fractured his wrist right before Christmas!

Now if you are wondering why in the world I put an exclamation mark after the fact that he broke his wrist, you have to understand that was that signified was that he was out playing with his friends doing what other boys often do…they break things :)

The beautiful part was that he did not bleed.

I know it won't always be this easy. But having "just" hemophilia is not too bad these days.


I am grateful.

post signature

0 comments: