Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Saga Continues

On Tuesday evening, the second IV blew.

It took six sticks/pokes to start a new IV. My "Christian" broke out because of nerves. He was so upset. I can't believe I had left. My husband was there to take over, and I hate to say it, but part of me was relieved I didn't see all of that. I had been with Christian on the previous Thursday when we access his old port several times and it was horrible.

Sometimes you have to rely on others to help. I don't know what I would do without my husband. How people survive as single parents is completely beyond me and single parents with children that have a chronic condition? I don't know if I could do it. I admire them for what they do.

Today Christian developed a bleed on the top of his foot from one of the IV tries. My husband tried to keep him calm, as calm as you can keep a five year old, so that the bleed would start to resolve.

The other good thing is that the nurse accessed the new port tonight! It's working great! And his inhibitor is down to 34!

I just hope that the bleed is under control so that he can come home tomorrow as scheduled.

It's been a rough week, but my Christian is one tough cookie.

post signature

0 comments: