Tuesday, May 14, 2019

My Son Learns Why It's Critical To Rely On Others

My adult son is 22 and living at home. He will be moving to a neighboring city next month and will go back to college in the fall. He was recently hired at a coffee shop and has been commuting the 90 miles one way about four days a week until he moves. It’s been a big commitment, but he is looking forward to the next phase in his life. I am excited for him.
Last week, he called me during his shift and told me he was having a bleed. It was a significant one in his arm. He had not told his employer about his bleeding disorder, and when they saw his arm they were concerned. He had hit it hard in the stockroom, and I could hear the concern in his voice.   To read the rest of the column click here.

post signature

0 comments: