Saturday, December 22, 2018

One-word Resolutions for the New Year


I am already looking forward to 2019. The first half of 2018 was not filled with joy, but fortunately, the last six months have been pretty wonderful. Part of this has been Caeleb’s new treatment with Hemlibra (emicizumab-kxwh). It has truly changed our lives. His quality of life has improved by over 100 percent. It is a miracle.
How in the world can 2019 be better? I do not believe in New Year’s resolutions. I have tried too many times to better myself, only to fail by Jan. 5. So, I’ve adopted a new way of approaching the New Year. I select a single word as my focus. Some of my previous words have been “intention,” “hope,” “joy,” “enough,” “change,” and “flourish.” I find that having one word as my focus gives me many different ways to be successful.
Consider where you are in the midst of your bleeding disorder. How can things be better in the near future? Are you looking forward to a change in your treatment? What about your quality of life? Maybe you are about to embrace some activities as a catalyst for bigger changes to your health. This is the time of year to start considering how you can move toward having a healthier year.
To read the entire article, click here.
post signature

0 comments: