Wednesday, July 5, 2017

A New Opportunity


I started blogging in 2006 out of loneliness. My family moved from Houston to a small town in New Mexico and one night I was completely overwhelmed by the fact that we actually moved! It was a good thing, but a little shocking because it happened in such a short amount of time.

In 2011, my head was reeling from the craziness of hemophilia with my mighty, warrior Caeleb. So much was going on that the only way I could deal with my emotions was to blog about it. I started this blog simply because I needed to express my emotions and keep a record of everything that was happening with my son.

Writing has given me an outlet that I never realized I needed. It has saved me from myself in the worst of times. An online publication, Hemophilia News Today, sought me out to write a weekly column! My column is published on Wednesday's and like my blog, I hope that my thoughts and observations from raising my sons with hemophilia and inhibitors can bring some hope and encouragement to someone else.

You aren't alone. The bleeding disorder community is not really a community...it's a family.

If you need something, reach out in a Facebook group! These groups will always have someone with some good advice and encouragement.

Keep reading, asking and educating yourself.

The worst of the worst will not stay the worst of the worst...it will get better.

To read Cazandra's latest column, click here.
post signature

0 comments: