Sunday, March 8, 2015

Life is Good

I love Sunday's.  I spend the morning in worship at my church, usually followed by lunch with friends then a nap or binge watching a show on Netflix.  The evening is filled with making sure that clothes are ready for the week, lunch is packed, homework completed (and a little reality television must be watched in order to start the week) :)

But this afternoon was exceptional. I almost took a picture of the sky because it was so perfect, but it would not have done it justice.  My "Christian" and I went on a walk with our little dog, Betty Suarez MacDonald. 

Did you catch that?  We went on a walk.

My Christian walks (with the occasional hop in his gait) and runs and jumps everywhere he goes.  Our recent trip to New York was filled with walking from one place to the other and he did it all.

We are six months out of being in the hospital for his last port placement and I still am having a bit of a difficult time accepting that things are going so well.

Living in crisis can bring out the best and worst in people.  In crisis, I am darn good.  I can handle the yucky stuff, put all of my needs aside and focus on my son and family with every ounce of my being.  I can manage my home from the hospital and get my work done for my job without an issue.  But, I don't focus on myself at all.

Now that I have time to focus on my health and well-being I find that I am pretty lost.  I know what I need to do in order to eat right and move every day, but it's almost as if the energy and strength I once had is completely gone.  My reserves are empty, my spirit is struggling and my focus is, well, out of focus.

It is time to find the things in my life that are important to me again. 


I just never thought it would take such a long time.

post signature

0 comments: