Saturday, July 19, 2014

A Little "Normal"

Tonight we went to have dinner with friends.  They grilled steaks and we had great conversation.  My "Christian" was looking forward to playing with their children who are both close in age.  Our friends were so thoughtful because they had already planned for their children to bring toys from upstairs to the floor level since they knew Christian is still not able to walk. 

But it takes more than a bent knee to stop my warrior.  He went outside, played in the sandbox, loved on their big, cuddly dogs, made it up the stairs several times (scooting on his hiney) not missing a beat.

When we left he was sweaty and flushed.

It was a great evening :)

Christian had an evening of "normal" kid stuff and no one even gave his bent knee a second thought.  They just wanted to play and they played hard.

I find that hemophilia takes so much away from my son and our entire family sometimes.  But despite the roadblocks that are put in our way because of this nasty disorder we all manage to move forward.  How we get past the roadblocks may take some creative thinking, but we always manage.

I love those moments when I see my son keeping up with others.  He may be a little slower to get around, but his smile and his spirit are alive and well.


post signature

0 comments: