Monday, January 27, 2014

VICTORY!


 
My mighty "Christian" has a debilitating fear of needles.  Because of this fear and the fact that he needs daily infusions, we access his port once a week and leave it accessed.  Due to the physical and emotional stress and trauma accessing causes, my husband and I have recently started to take him in to the HTC once a week to for his access.  We had finally raised the white flag and said that we just could not do it anymore at home.

Sunday night is our typical accessing time.  We had been talking to Christian about working on his breathing so that we might try to access at home instead of going to the HTC this week.

He did it!!  He laid down, breathed and breathed like crazy and we accessed without holding him down!  When my husband said "We are in!" my sweet boy started crying because he was so happy and proud.

I have no idea what next Sunday night will bring but what I do know is that we had a huge victory tonight.

Hope is a good thing and sometimes, when you least expect it, some great things happen that let you know that everything will be okay.


post signature

0 comments: