Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Kites and Play Days



"Christian" finally made it to a field trip!  His class went to a local park to fly kites and have a picnic and he didn't have any issues.  I am so glad he made this trip since he missed the previous three.  The great thing about seven year olds is that they don't dwell too much on the past, they are into the "here and now."

But now I have to weigh whether or not Christian should attend "play day" tomorrow.  Bouncy house (yikes) and games.  His ankle is swollen and even if I send him in the wheelchair, I think it would not be in his best interest.

He misses another day and another event, but the beauty is that he is looking forward to Daddy being home from his trip and going to a birthday party this weekend.

I love my son's spirit.  He is resilient, tough as nails, and the sweetest, funniest kid you would ever meet.

It's been a heck of a journey with him, and I can't hardly wait to see what the future holds for him.  It's going to be pretty wonderful :)


post signature

0 comments: