Saturday, February 9, 2013

Back too Soon?

On Wednesday, January 30th, "Christian" woke up with swollen knee.  We went to get it checked out at the HTC and he was admitted to the hospital.  We were able to go home on Sunday, February 3rd with the understanding that we continued to keep him resting, with ice, compression and factor.  We sent him back to school on the 6th, in his wheelchair and on the evening of Friday, the 8th, his knee started to swell again.

I immediately thought "We should have kept him home a few more days."  I know, I know, I can't start looking back and doubting my decisions...but I always do.

All I want is for my son to live as normal a life as possible.  And this inhibitor almost seems to make it impossible sometimes.

The reality is overwhelming...this inhibitor may be here for many more years.  And if that is the case, it is my job as Christian's mom to keep his life moving forward despite his bleeding disorder.  One thing is for sure...our lives are never dull.


post signature

0 comments: