Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Taking Back Control

Last night "Christian" and I were on my bed having a tickle fest. All of a sudden he rolled off the bed and on his way down, hit the corner of my glass topped nightstand right between his temple and eye. I shot straight up, grabbed him and knew infusing was top priority. My husband was unreachable, so I knew I had to access Christian's port....alone. Thankfully, big brother "Lance" was close to help Christian stay straight up in his seat. We had a pretty successful infusion. I had to maneuver the huber needle a bit, and hit bottom! It was a great feeling to take control of infusing again. I've let myself get out of the habit of infusing and have let my husband be the major "infuser" and boy was that a mistake. Simply because I became complacent. I was losing my skills and my nerve. Today Christian developed a headache, so off to the emergency room we went to get a CT scan. Thankfully all was clear. He is acting like his 6 year old self :) Accidents happen. When you least expect it. It's amazing that sometimes it takes a good jolt to knock you out of complacency. Fortunately all is well. Are you becoming complacent with your child's bleeding disorder? What can you do to reel it back in?

post signature

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello...I read some of your blog about your trip to disney and was wondering Was your boys ok to ride roller coasters.... just found out my son who is six is a mild hemoplilia case and he loves to ride them and was wondering is it safe